About Us & Contact
The Equipment Sales:
Toronto Weightlifting was established in 2004 by Hani Kanama as an Olympic weightlifting product supplier based in Toronto, Canada. The business began with sales of Olympic lifting bars and plates. Now the company has grown to included shoes, customs racks, an Olympic weightlifting competition lighting system, with the commitment to seek out and supply additional quality products to support the sport.
The Weightlifting Team:
Toronto Weightlifting, the Olympic weightlifting team, competes regularly and is a winning Ontario senior and junior team. The team is composed of females and males of all ages. They train at Kanama High Performance an elite training facility owned and operated by Hani Kanama.
Founder and Head Coach:
Hani Kanama is one of the premiere coaches in Canada and North America today. He has wisdom in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting and Strength/Sport Conditioning from over 2 decades of high performance coaching. He has a large repertoire of drills, progressions and remedies for people of any body type in any situation.
Hani has experience coaching almost every aspect of conditioning in any type of sport. He has the ability to apply the fundamentals of weightlifting to assist athletes of every sport. Strength and Conditioning at Kanama High Performance not only improves the athletes’ general capacity but educates them on proper movement patterns, exercises for rehabilitation and stretching to avoid injury. The training at Kanama High Performance is the complete package to an athlete of every sport because it takes every possibility into consideration before it happens. Kanama High Performance prides itself on having a safe, injury free environment that people can go from normal to extraordinary.
- Coach for the Canadian team participating at the 2014 World Junior Championship in Russia
- 2014 Ontario team coach
- Coach of the 2014 Ontario Senior Team champions - the Toronto Weightlifting team
- 2013 coached one of the 3 athletes from Canada to compete at the World Junior Championships in Lima, Peru.
- 2011 coach for the Canadian team in at the World Junior Championships.
- Every year since 2005 he has been a coach of the Ontario Junior Weightlifting Team as well as the Canadian Senior Team, which competes at the Canadian Weightlifting Championship.
- 2011 - 2012 strength and conditioning coach for the Canadian female rugby team,
- Coach of Richard Clune from the Nashville Predators since 2009, as well as his brother Matt Clune from the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL).
- Hani also currently coaches many of the top Crossfit competitors on technique and strength training. He builds good foundations in Weightlifting that improve their performance, times and remedies bad movement patterns.
Kanama High Performance
Note: Prior to visiting us it is recommended that you call 1 hour ahead to confirm our availability
Reduced hours on statutory holidays. Be sure to call ahead to confirm our hours on such days.
Monday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Tuesday morning by appointment 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Friday by appointment
Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Call us: 416-854-3843
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org